Begin again!

I'm finished with grad school and standing at a threshold of wide open possibility. So, I ask myself - what will I do now?

The last time I found myself in this position, a college graduate for the first time, I had no sense of the answer. My decisions were neither deliberate nor purposeful. I just applied to the Peace Corps, got a job, changed my mind about the Peace Corps, had a panic attack, changed my mind about the job, got a different job, took up dancing, fell in love, and started grad school. It's a common tale, I'm sure, and it landed me where I needed to be, even if it was largely in fly-by-night fashion. This time, I have just as few answers but I am grounded. I feel like my decisions have meaning, and my choices can be intentional and purposeful. And for the first time, maybe, I have a sense of self capable of investigating and determining the path ahead. I may not be able to control my course, but I can chart it and strive for it, and see where the wind takes me.

Comments

Claytonian said…
do the health problems still factor into stuff you want to do, or are you better these days?
Rachel said…
I'm pretty healthy. Location and family figure far more prominently in any planning or decision-making.

How are you, Clay?
Claytonian said…
Pretty good. Late for school (I'm a student).

Popular posts from this blog